Wednesday 23 October 2013

Tales of the Under Basement Part One

Ancient staircase Stock Images
 
When me and Old Reg got back to the Abandoned Video Shop from our holi-holiday in Eastbourne we both knew something wasn't quite right.
"I know a legal bleedin' high when I smell one," Old Reg said sniffing the air like a blood hound.
"They've had a bleedin' party here."
The they, he was referring to, was our Saturday help twins Lesley and Leslie; and I had to agree they had had a bleedin' party. Even though Lesley and Leslie had tried to hide it, the tell tale signs were all about. Me and Old Reg seldom indulge in Jager Bombs and laughing gas, so when we found lots of empty canisters behind the Charlie Sheen section my worst fears were confirmed.
"I said you should've  given them the bleedin' elbow ages ago," Old Reg said in his best I told you so voice.
Suddenly it hit me.
"You don't think they..." my voice trailed off as my guts hit spin cycle.
"Found the Nasties?" Old Reg said looking concerned, which is always a concern.
Video Nasties were a very big thing when we first opened our doors, real money spinners, and we had one of the greatest collections anywhere. All the gory, gruesome titles you could imagine. But when they were banned ( and all of ours were ) me and Old Reg couldn't stand to part with them so we took all the videos and put them in our under basement, that's the dark basement below our basement. And we left them, almost forgetting they existed. Until we started hearing noises from the under basement. Strange bangs, crashes and anguished cries.
"The nasties have melded together into pure evil," Old Reg deduced.
We informed Mr. Apollyon and he just smiled broadly and told us not to go near the under basement.
"If they've got in there," Old Reg said. "They could've let the bleedin' video nasty evil out." 
"We've got to look," I said rubbing my sore head and hoping this was a concussion induced dream like I'd had on holi-holiday.
"This ain't a dream," Old Reg said reading my mind. "And were off to the bleedin' under basement so tool up."
To Be Continued...
The Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment