Tuesday 8 October 2013

Bad Last Day of the Holi-Holiday



Eastbourne Thursday.
 
"I've had a bleedin' good time this week," Old Reg said to me as I nursed my sore head. "You can't beat these old Eastbourne birds."
"I thought we might do something together, seeing it's our last night here," I said sounding more than a little pathetic.
"Can't, I've got to meet up with-"
"I can guess," I said not wanting to hear any more.
"You're a youngish man," he said looking me up and down. " Get bleedin' out there, get-"
"Chlamydia?" I said sounding peevish, which I have a lot on this holiday.
"That was uncalled for," Old Reg said farting loudly then leaving.
He was right on a couple of scores. It was uncalled for and I was youngish; so I decided to hit Eastbourne on my last night in town.
I wandered into the centre, looking over my shoulder for the weird white faced kid. But thankfully he wasn't about. Preoccupied, I realised I'd wandered near the back alley where the Bone Museum was. I casually glanced down there and, to my shock, I saw Mr. Apollyon standing,  talking to the woman who works at the Museum. I held back and they didn't see me, but their conversation seemed heated and Mr. Apollyon grabbed her by the neck. At that moment Mrs Brannigan came out from the Bone Museum. To my even greater shock she was stark naked.
"Are we gonna do this?" she said holding up the two head shaped bags. " Or are you two going to keep farting about?"
With that they all went into the Museum.
"I think I know what they're bleedin' up to," Old Reg said standing at my shoulder and nearly making me jump out of my skin.
"What?" I asked still shaking.
"They're resurrecting Billy Fury and we've got to stop them," he said stern faced and for once not farting.
 
To Be Continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment