Sunday 8 September 2013

Old Reg and The King


I'm starting to think Old Reg knew Elvis. It's only that when he is asleep Old Reg does two things farts and mumbles about Elvis. But it is as if he is speaking to him. 

He says things like "Yo Elvis is it alright if I take the Cadillac tonight?" and "I thought I was singing back up on Polk Salad Annie."

OK, these might be the ramblings of a boarder line senile old man, but if I mention Elvis to him, Old Reg clams up and tries to change the subject. I did catch him once watching Harum Scarum with the biggest smile on his face, but when I walked in he turned it off. Was Old Reg in it? I'm starting to think he might've been the only Brit in the Memphis Mafia. But, as I've said, I know nothing of his background, Old Reg came with the shop when I took it over. Previously it was an undertakers and as the man who sold me the shop said: "People need videos more than they need coffins these days apparently." And, for a while I agreed with him as I couldn't cope with the demand. But, now I'm starting to doubt his words. 

Anyway, Old Reg was just sitting there the day I moved everything in and he has been here ever since. So it's quite possible Old Reg lived in Graceland and knew the King. One of these days I'll have to watch Harum Scarum, just to see why Old Reg looked so happy.

The Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment