Friday 13 September 2013

Holi- Holi-day

Borkum beach typical chairs at the of german wadden island Royalty Free Stock Photos
"It's that time of year again," Mr. Apollyon announced as he walked into the Abandoned Video Shop.

Old Reg grumbled under his voice, and plonked himself down in his chair, because he knew what was coming.

"Time for your free holiday gentlemen," Mr. Apollyon smiled.
 "I know Mrs. Brannigan is looking forward to seeing you both at the boarding house,"

"Yes, and Eastbourne is so nice in Autumn," I said trying to sound enthusiastic.

"What's that smell?" Old Reg asked.

"It's probably my new aftershave," Mr. Apollyon replied. " It's Brimstone For Men."

"Bleedin' hell does that mean there's a Brimstone For Women," Old Reg said.

I looked at Mr. Apollyon apprehensively, but he let the comment slide. I noticed he does that a lot with Old Reg.

"Will your Saturday twins be going this year?" Mr. Apollyon asked, meaning Leslie and Lesley.

"I'm afraid not," I said perhaps a little too sheepishly.

"No they said they'd rather have needles in their bleedin' eyes," Old Reg chipped in.

"That can be arranged," Mr. Apollyon said flatly.

There was a razor silence.

"I've sorted out all your travel, as usual," Mr. Apollyon smiled. "So have a good time."

We waited, because we knew what was coming next.

"Oh yes and give this to Mrs Brannigan," Mr. Apollyon added handing me the familiar head shaped bag. "So I'll see you gentlemen when you return, I know you'll have a great time."

With that Mr. Apollyon left.
"Brilliant," Old Reg mumbled. "Another bleedin' holiday at the Bates Motel."

"Oh no it will be nice," I said trying to sound enthusiastic but falling flat.

We both looked at the head shaped bag, every year we have to deliver it to Mrs Brannigan.

"One time we'll look in that bleedin' bag," Old Reg said.

"We do and the next year we'll be in it," I said.

"Oh well, I s'pose I'd better get bleedin' well packed," Old Reg said getting up and farting loudly.

TO BE CONTINUED...

The Owner 

No comments:

Post a Comment